Black Genius is a voyage through African American History, featuring a daily fact, quote, affirmation, and question to stimulate brilliant minds. By investigating the rich history of their ancestors and elders, young people will be inspired to recognize the greatness from which they have come. Journaling is a critical protective and healing psychological tool that will be introduced and encouraged throughout their year long journey through the book. From daily family reflection time to teacher led classroom lessons, Black Genius will be an incredible addition to the emotional and intellectual growth of all who utilize this powerful instrument of engagement and learning.
Black Youth are Black Geniuses
There are centuries of resilience, creativity, wisdom, talent, and intelligence in your DNA - it oozes out of your pores whenever you speak, write, think, or move. Your village must provide the spaces for you to express your rich Black thoughts so that your genius can continue to flourish. Dr. Satira 1/13/2021
- This guided journal was created for you and the village that supports you. It is a place where you can continue to explore the history of your ancestors and elders, while reflecting on who you are today and who you will become in the future.
- Journaling is an opportunity to develop healthy emotional behaviors, feelings, and self-perceptions. The younger you start, the better you will become at reflection and expression.
- Every page has a quote, affirmation, and a writing prompt but the lines are up to you. This is your space You can respond to what is written or you can express what is on your mind and in your heart for that day.
- The "Black Facts" on each page are designed to pique your curiosity and encourage you to go "deeper" into your past and learn the lessons that rest there.
- This is your personal journal, so make it your own, using your genius to make sense of the world, your history, and yourself.